Our Ends Policies
Like many other food co-ops across the country the Brattleboro has its governing model. In this governance style the Board of Directors shall assure that the Values, Purpose and Mission statements of the Co-op, as described in the Ends Policies, are properly carried out by the General Manager. A statement of ends is a co-op’s most overarching goal.
The Brattleboro Food Co-op Ends Policies:
- Reasonably priced food and products with an emphasis on healthy, locally grown, organic, and fairly traded goods;
- A welcoming community marketplace;
- A workplace community where cooperative values are modeled;
- A regenerative business that has a net positive environmental impact;
- A sustainable local economy;
- Relevant information about food and related products, the environment, and the Cooperative Values and Principles;
- Reasonable access to participation in the cooperative.