Our Ends Policies
A cooperative is not a Nonprofit business, but unlike conventionally-owned businesses our profits are a means to an end, rather than the end in itself. The Brattleboro Food Co-op has seven Ends Policies, which the Board of Directors is responsible for monitoring, via monthly meetings with the General Manager, to ensure they are carried out.
The Brattleboro Food Co-op Ends Policies:
- Reasonably priced food and products with an emphasis on healthy, locally grown, organic, and fairly traded goods;
- A welcoming community marketplace;
- A workplace community where cooperative values are modeled;
- A regenerative business that has a net positive environmental impact;
- A sustainable local economy;
- Relevant information about food and related products, the environment, and the Cooperative Values and Principles;
- Reasonable access to participation in the cooperative.