The Brattleboro Food Co-op was formed in 1975 as a small buying club. Today, the Co-op is a 14,580 square foot natural foods market and deli on the ground floor of a four-story building that also includes Co-op offices, a commissary kitchen, a cooking classroom, and 24 apartments. This beautiful downtown anchor building is a result of a collaboration with the Windham and Windsor Housing Trust and Housing Vermont, with many environmentally friendly features, including utilizing refrigeration waste heat to heat apartments and the store, solar panels on the roof, and many more. The current store opened for business in June of 2012. The Brattleboro Food Co-op is community-owned, with over 6000 active shareholders, and our goal is to be as accessible and responsive to you as possible. We strive to provide you with quality foods at reasonable prices, in a relaxed and friendly environment. Our staff is knowledgeable and eager to help shoppers in any way that they can. We are located in southeastern Vermont, just over the Massachusetts and New Hampshire borders. Our community offers beautiful Vermont countryside, a lively cultural scene, and easy access to skiing, hiking and other outdoor activities.
OUR ENDS POLICY
2. A welcoming community marketplace;
3. A workplace community where cooperative values are modeled;
4. A regenerative business that has a net positive environmental impact;
5. A sustainable local economy;
6. Relevant information about food and related products, the environment, and the Cooperative Values and Principles;
7. Reasonable access to participation in the cooperative.