- 3 avocados, ripe
- 1/4 cup diced tomato, seeded
- 2 tbsp diced red onion
- 1 tsp chopped garlic (one clove)
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice (half a lime)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp fresh cilantro, minced (optional)
Slice the avocadoes lengthwise, remove the pits and scoop the green flesh (discard any brown flesh) into a bowl.
Use a fork to mash the avocado pulp to a chunky texture. Add the lime juice, garlic, onion, and spices and mix well.
Add the tomatoes and cilantro, mix and serve.
Guacamole is a popular snack with crisp tortilla chips and a common ingredient in burritos, tacos and burgers. Try it on top of chili or inside a grilled cheese with some fresh pico de gallo.