- 4 1/2 cups raw winter squash, scrubbed and deseeded
- 1 cup cranberries, washed
- 1 medium apple, washed
- 1/4 cup raisins, chopped (optional)
- Juice and grated rind (1 tsp.) of one small organic orange
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- salt to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut squash into serving size 1 to 2 inch pieces.
Core the apple and cut into ½ inch pieces
Layer pieces of cut-up squash and apple in an 8” by 12” pan or 8” square baking dish. Scatter cranberries and raisins over and around squash. (Or you can fill cavities with raisins and cranberries.)
Mix all the other ingredients together and pour over squash cavities or pieces.
Cover (use aluminum foil if necessary) and bake for 25 to 45 minutes depending on variety.