The Brattleboro Food Co-op Board of Directors is made up of nine members, at least one of whom (and no more than two) must be a staff member. All board members are elected by the shareholders and are responsible for ensuring that the values, purpose, and mission of the Co-op are properly carried out. The Board hires and oversees the General Manager and provides strategic leadership by:
- Focusing on the big picture—envisioning how the Co-op is different from a regular grocery store, and what impact we make in our community
- Listening carefully to our shareholders and translating their needs into a compelling vision
- Engaging shareholders and potential shareholders in understanding our mission as a co-op and providing ways for shareholders to drive co-op results through everyday behaviors and choices
Board members table regularly in the store – come find us and talk to us – Click to see who is tabling this month!
The Board meets the first Monday of each month (unless it’s a holiday, in which case it’s held the following week) at 5:15pm in the BFC Conference Room (located on the second floor or the Co-op). Meetings are open to all shareholders. Agendas are posted on the Board’s bulletin board, located next to the Shareholder Services desk.
If you would like to attend a meeting, please contact the Board of Directors.
Meet the current board members
The 2019 Board of Directors (see photos in banner)
- President: Beth Neher – Term expires 2021
- Vice President: Jerelyn Wilson – Term expires 2021
- Treasurer: Skye Morse – Term expires 2020
- Secretary: Anna Edson – Term expires 2020
- Mary Bené – Term expires 2020
- Arion Thiboumery – Term expires 2020
- Tamara Stenn – Term expires 2021
- Judy Fink – Term expires 2021
- Jim Barker – Term expires 2019