The Brattleboro Food Co-op Board of Directors is made up of nine members, at least one of whom (and no more than two) must be a staff member. All board members are elected by the shareholders and are responsible for ensuring that the values, purpose, and mission of the Co-op are properly carried out. The Board hires and oversees the General Manager and provides strategic leadership by:
- Focusing on the big picture—envisioning how the Co-op is different from a regular grocery store, and what impact we make in our community
- Listening carefully to our shareholders and translating their needs into a compelling vision
- Engaging shareholders and potential shareholders in understanding our mission as a co-op and providing ways for shareholders to drive co-op results through everyday behaviors and choices
Board members table regularly in the store – come find us and talk to us – Click to see who is tabling this month (tabling has been temporarily “tabled” due to Covid-19! Please check back to find out the we will resume this BOD event.
The Board meets the first Monday of each month (unless it’s a holiday, in which case it’s held the following week) at 5:15pm in the BFC Conference Room (located on the second floor or the Co-op). Meetings are open to all shareholders. Agendas are posted on the Board’s bulletin board, located next to the Shareholder Services desk. PLEASE NOTE: The Board of Directors meeting are available to join via Zoom during the pandemic.
If you would like to attend a meeting, please contact the Board of Directors.
Meet the current board members
The 2020 Board of Directors (see photos in banner)
- President: Jerelyn Wilson – Term expires 2021
- Vice President: Judy Fink – Term expires 2021
- Secretary: Denise Glover – Term expires 2022
- Beth Neher – Term expires 2021
- Treasurer: Tamara Stenn – Term Expires 2021
- Shanta Lee Gander – Term expires 2022
- Joe Giancarlo – Term expires 2022
- Steffen Gillom – Term expires 2023
- Mark Adams – Term expires 2023