The Meat Department offers the best and largest selection of Certified Humane, No Hormone, No Antibiotics, Regional, and Local Meats in the area.
At the Brattleboro Food Co-op, we focus on local and regional sourcing whenever possible. This holds true in our Meat Department.
- The majority of our meat is cut in-house and packed by our team of butchers.
- We offer custom cuts; feel free to ask according to your specific needs.
- All of our BFC made Sausages are made in-house using fresh ground chicken, pork, and beef.
- All of our sausages are gluten free with the exception of our seasonal beer bratwurst.
- We offer a nice selection of savory seasonal links which are our made from our own recipes
- We use natural casings on all of our links.
- Sausage is available in links or bulk packed* (breakfast sausage and chorizo are available in bulk pack, and are made in both pork and chicken options).
*Bulk pack is simply pre-packed sausage without the casings.
- Seasonal recipes include Bratwurst, Apple-Cheddar Sausage, and Meyer Beef Texas Hot Links to name a few.
- All of our fresh meat is vacuum-sealed, without the use of Styrofoam, and always free of preservatives.
- You will find a wide variety of ready-to-cook ,marinated and rubbed meats, including:
- Marinated Honey Mustard Chicken
- Marinated Ginger Scallion Chicken
- Barbecue Rubbed Pork
- Curry Rubbed Chicken
- and we have six (6) dry rubs for you to take home for DIY cooking! These are great for meat, but are also tasty on veggies and grilling cheese. Choose from Fette Sau, Buttermilk Ranch, Carné Asada/Fajita (high heat), Tex-Mex (medium heat), Tai Curry, and a traditional thyme seasoning. Try them all!
- Bulk pack chicken and special orders available.
- Our Meat Department team is friendly and knowledgeable, and always have recipes for you to take home. Ask them for tips today!
- Our Regional and Local Favorites include:
Hardwick Beef, Misty Knoll, Murray’s Chicken, Thousand Hills, Stonewood Farm, Applegate, Farmer’s Mark, VT Smoke & Cure, North Country Smoke House
|Hinesburg, VT||New England, USA||South Fallsburg, NY|
|New Haven, VT||Canada|
- Certified Humanely-Raised
- Vegetarian feed/fed
- Free-Range / Cage Free Poultry
- Non-GMO Feed whenever possible
- Northeast regional and local whenever possible
- Antibiotic free and no added hormones
- No Styrofoam for packaging
- Pasture-Raised and Grass-Fed whenever possible
- A wide range of pricing and options including some Organic and Non-GMO options whenever possible
- House-Marinated offerings and House-Made Sausages
- Gluten Free options
- Charcuterie Speciality Deli Meats and Salamis
Our Meat offerings include Holiday Treasures: duck, roast beef, turkeys, spiral hams and more!
Feedback? Questions? Product Request?
Call: 802-246-2818 (Meat department), 802-246-2810 (Meat and Seafood Manager)
Email: PhilMeat@brattleborofoodcoop.coop or send us a note using our Contact Form!