Mojito Watermelon Salad with Goat Feta
Great Summer Salad featuring fresh ingredients
- 2 cups seeded watermelon cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 large red heirloom tomato cored and chopped
- 1 large yellow heirloom tomato cored and chopped
- 1 cup fresh goat feta crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp tequila (optional)
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp agave nectar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh mint minced
- 1 Pinch each of salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place the watermelon and tomato pieces on a paper towel to absorb excess moisture.
In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, tequila, agave nectar, vinegar, mint, salt, pepper and olive oil. Add the watermelon and tomatoes. toss well to coat. Sprinkle with feta and serve immediately.
This salad is a refreshing complement to grilled or blackened strip or flank steak. Add cucumber for extra crunch, or papaya and jicama for a colorful Latin-style treat.