Mango Jicama [hee-kuh-muh] Salsa
- 1/2 cup chopped mango (can use frozen mango out of season)
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup cubed jicama
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 2 large ripe avocados, cubed/diced (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 clove of garlic, smashed
- 2 small scallions
- 1 pinch chili powder blend
Peel and chop the mango and jicama in small, even pieces; sprinkle with a teaspoon of lime juice and reserve.
Halve the avocados and remove the pits; scoop the flesh into a medium bowl. Mash coarsely with a fork, then add the remaining tablespoon of lime juice, salt, and garlic and mix. Stir in the scallions.
Serving: Spread the guacamole in a small serving bowl. Sprinkle mango and jicama on top of the guacamole, then dust with chili powder. Serve immediately with chips or quesadillas.
This is a fantastic dish to serve at a party; just double (or triple) the recipe and use a wider bowl or small casserole dish. The crunchy jicama, sweet mango, and creamy avocado are a delicious topping for tostadas and quesadillas, too.