- 3/4 cup cranberries, raw, washed and chopped
- 1/2 cup unsulfured raisins, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 2 tsp grated lemon rind, preferably organic
- 3 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp each melted butter or vegetable spread and oil, or all oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cup whole wheat pastry flour or spelt flour, or 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 white unbleached flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt, or less as desired
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
Stir in chopped nuts.
Beat together egg, honey or maple syrup, and butter or vegetable spread or oil. Gently stir in apple juice or cider, lemon rind, cranberries, and raisins.
Add dry ingredients to liquid ingredients, mixing only enough to moisten all ingredients.
Bake in well-greased 8 x 4-inch loaf pan for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a knife or toothpick inserted through center comes out clean.