Cooperative Principle Number 1: Voluntary and Open Membership
Cooperatives are voluntary organisations, open to all persons able to use their services and willing to accept the responsibilities of membership, without gender, social, racial, political or religious discrimination.
Source: International Cooperative Alliance: https://www.ica.coop/en/cooperatives/cooperative-identity#cooperative-values
Update on Working Shareholder Discounts and Hours
Effective 7/1/2020, the Working and Elder Shareholder discounts are now 5%
- For background information about this change, read our General Manager’s letter in the May 1st Food For Thought Newsletter.
In-Co-op Shareholder hours are suspended. Click above or here to learn about what volunteer opportunities are available to receive your discount.
- Commitment to Community: visit this page for information and instructions on using volunteer time for your Co-op discount
- Sew masks for our staff and the community: read this blog post for information and instructions
- Grounds-keeping/Garden: contact us via the information at the bottom of this page for more information
Read our July 8, 2020 post for more information
More about what we do in Shareholder Services!
Want to know more about what it means to be a cooperatively owned business?
Forget the name of that new weird fermented drink you read about on the internet?
Trying to find a hot cup of coffee to get you through the last leg of your drive home?
Come to us! Whether you’re a Shareholder doing a deep dive into the Co-op’s Bylaws or you’re just looking for the salad bar, we’re here to help. Our aim is to provide the highest quality customer support and service for the Brattleboro Food Co-op community. Our 7,200+ owners and countless friends, neighbors, co-op enthusiasts, and shoppers of all varieties all have a home here at our desk. Stop by when you’re in the store, give us a call, or send us an email and we’ll be happy to help you out with all (but not limited to) the following:
- Learn more about what it means to be a cooperatively owned business
- Sign up as a Shareholder, or purchase a Co-op share as a gift for someone else
- Schedule Shareholder work hours
- Track and manage your Shareholder discounts and payments
- Place pre-orders for cases
- Request a donation for your local organization
- Check out the Deli’s daily hot food menu
- Learn about local organizations with volunteer opportunities
- Enroll for an upcoming class
- Schedule a meeting in our Community Room
- Purchase gift cards
- Get maps and other tourist info about the Brattleboro area
WORKING SHAREHOLDER – Volunteer for 2 hours a month in the Co-op or in the community and obtain a 5% discount on all purchases.
ELDER SHAREHOLDER – Shareholder’s that are 65 years or older can obtain an ongoing 5% discount with no volunteer commitment.
FOOD FOR ALL SHAREHOLDER – Shareholders who qualify for food programs or are in need of support with the cost of their food can obtain a 10% discount with no volunteer commitment.
Contact Shareholder Services
By Telephone: 802-246-2821
Or stop by the Shareholder Services any day: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm